Do you need effective alternatives for a few remaining budget dollars or inexpensive ways to impact revenue in the new year? How about adding fresh content to your website?
It is no secret that adding relevant information helps you engage with customers. Plus, it encourages repeat visits and creates a stronger connection with your brand. Furthermore, regular updates improve your position in search and expands your audience.
Investing resources into regular content contributions is an effective strategy.
Search engines value “fresh” content
The “freshness factor” is one of the ways that search engines judge your content. Search engines value new web pages, more frequent blog posts and resources like case studies and white papers. Fresh is measured in a few different ways including:
- The inception date, or the time search engines recognize your new content.
- More recent changes will have a greater influence on search results.
- The value of the inception date decays over time.
- The amount of document change influences “freshness.”
- A brand new page has a greater impact than modifying a few sentences on various pages throughout your site.
- More frequent changes are scored more favorably than changes every year or two.
- “Important” pages, like capabilities or case studies, have a significantly greater impact than changes to boiler plate or information well below the fold.
Here's a guide that details how to get started.
In fact, devoting the resources is an important first step. Plus, if you don’t have a regular content update schedule, then develop one. Define the areas that matter to your audience. Then determine a few key areas to build out.
A regular contribution to new information creates a positive impact throughout the year.
InterEdge Marketing works with B2B organizations to develop the types of content that connect with their target audience and drive revenue. Subscribe to The Edge Newsletter to get bi-monthly tips on how to use content to elevate your marketing programs.