Need effective alternatives for a few remaining budget dollars or inexpensive ways to impact revenue in the new year? How about adding new content?
It is no secret that adding relevant information helps you engage with customers, encouraging repeat visits and creates a stronger connection with your brand. Plus, regular updates improve your position in search and expands your audience. Investing resources into regular content contributions is an effective strategy.
Search engines value “fresh” content
The “freshness factor” is one of the ways that search engines judge your content. Search engines value new web pages, more frequent blog posts and resources like case studies and white papers. Fresh is measured in a few different ways including:
- The inception date, or the time search engines become familiar with your new content.
- Changes that have occurred more recently will have a greater influence on search results.
- The value of the inception date decays over time.
- The amount of document change influences “freshness.”
- A brand new page has a greater impact than modifying a few sentences on various pages throughout your site.
- More frequent changes are scored more favorably than changes every year or two.
- “Important” pages, like capabilities or case studies, have a significantly greater impact than changes to boiler plate or information well below the fold.
A regular contribution to new information will have a positive impact throughout the year.
Need more information on how content marketing can help your business? Contact InterEdge Marketing.